2012年3月25日星期日

anyone good with Integration services

Hi I have a simple package I am putting together. The package runs a query
on an SQL database (database1) and the results are then copied over to
another SLQ database (database2). I have this set up and it works. I am
trying to add another element that will update a table in database1 as long
as the transfer is successful. I also have a script in the control flow that
writes out a message, success! and this seems to work.
Anyhow not quite sure how what to add to update database1 if the transfer is
successful--
thanks.
Paul G
Software engineer.On Oct 31, 11:44 am, Paul <P...@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi I have a simple package I am putting together. The package runs a query
> on an SQL database (database1) and the results are then copied over to
> another SLQ database (database2). I have this set up and it works. I am
> trying to add another element that will update a table in database1 as long
> as the transfer is successful. I also have a script in the control flow that
> writes out a message, success! and this seems to work.
> Anyhow not quite sure how what to add to update database1 if the transfer is
> successful--
> thanks.
> Paul G
> Software engineer.
Try Adding a Execute SQL Task as control flow and define your update
Query in the task. change the precedence to success beoe this task.|||Hi thanks that seemed to do the trick. I currently a script task on success
and on failure well that writes out a corresponding message. I was wondering
if you know if there is a way to include the number of records updated from
one of the tasks in the message? It would have to be retreived in the
script? Also are the event handlers for any event in a control flow?
--
Paul G
Software engineer.
"Maninder" wrote:
> On Oct 31, 11:44 am, Paul <P...@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Hi I have a simple package I am putting together. The package runs a query
> > on an SQL database (database1) and the results are then copied over to
> > another SLQ database (database2). I have this set up and it works. I am
> > trying to add another element that will update a table in database1 as long
> > as the transfer is successful. I also have a script in the control flow that
> > writes out a message, success! and this seems to work.
> > Anyhow not quite sure how what to add to update database1 if the transfer is
> > successful--
> > thanks.
> > Paul G
> > Software engineer.
> Try Adding a Execute SQL Task as control flow and define your update
> Query in the task. change the precedence to success beoe this task.
>

没有评论:

发表评论